Latest news from #brnoregion
14. March 2023Robots, made in #brnoregion: Pekat Vision: Automated eagle-eye for your quality control
Releasing defective products into the world? That’s every company’s nightmare! That’s why quality control guards their gates to stop them, and the more automatized the whole thing is, the fewer defective products end up on supermarket shelves. And the top solution by Pekat Vision from #brnoregion has been in high demand by a growing number of companies!
28. February 2023Nobel Laureate Richard Henderson: Come to Brno and do your undergraduate degree there!
You heard it first from a Nobel Laureate: #brnoregion should be on every student's radar. In the latest Hyde Park Civilization interview, Professor Richard Henderson recommended students start their academic career in Brno – the centre of research and development for electron microscopy.
23. January 2023Robots, made in #brnoregion: ACAM, master of automation for industrial corporations
Automation and robotization aren’t just “nice-to-have” trendy things; for production companies, both are “must-haves”, at least when it comes to their routine activities. Numerous impressive solutions have entered the market recently, and many of them are “Made in #brnoregion”. Learn more about them in this series of articles!
22. December 2022What makes Christmas in #brnoregion special?
Christmas in the Czech Republic may seem the same as in lots of other countries. It's cold, the city is covered with colourful lights, a decorated Christmas tree, good food, gifts, and lots of meetups with friends and relatives. So what is so special about Czech Christmas then?
19. September 2022Velvet Innovation Conference spearheads discussion on sustainable business
The second Velvet Innovation Conference brought business leaders, European and local policymakers, and innovation fans together to network and inspire one another. The two keynote presentations addressed various strategies for the sustainable development of global businesses to courage local companies in their sustainable visions.
20. July 2022Mistakes are welcome in SIMU, as long as the students learn from them
In SIMU, the Simulation Centre of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University, students can learn from their mistakes and try out important medical tasks before contacting real patients. Find out what makes the state-of-the-art facility unique.
11. July 2022Petr Chládek: “The Marshall Plan for Ukraine is an opportunity for all of Europe.”
Supporting innovations is crucial for regional development, which is why Petr Chládek, CEO at the JIC innovation agency, believes that innovations will be key to restoring Ukraine after the war. Here’s an interview on how #brnoregion may benefit from our support.
14. June 2022New European Bauhaus: A home for smart Europe
The New European Bauhaus endeavors to merge the European Green Deal with quality design to be inclusive and accessible to everybody. The aim of this project is to show how sustainable innovations bring real, positive experiences into our everyday lives.
3. June 2022Enjoy summer in #brnoregion – 10 places to go to
Summer is here and so might be your desire for an adventure. Here is our list of places and things to do if regular sightseeing bores you to death. Unique, edgy, or just plain beautiful, these tips can help you discover the gems of #brnoregion.
22. April 2022Brno hospitals receive over 820,000 EUR for their Covid-19 research
Brno University Hospital and St. Anne’s University Hospital have won a grant for several projects dealing in the research of covid-19. They are searching for preconditions for serious symptoms, the role of immunity in myocardium damage, and diagnostics of superinfections for ventilated patients.